I suggest you ...

Demystify interface for Google Calendar users.

Enthusiastic about your product. But I'm not "getting it". I launch it and it is asking me to Browse for a file. But I just want all .ics I click on the Web to turn into Google Calendar events. What file am I supposed to Browse to in your interface in order to make that permanently happen? And I am also left wondering, do I have to run Calify in my startup group so your program will also ways do what I need when I need it? Or have you set some registry settings to take care of .ics permanently? There is little sense in the interface of what to do.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ben commented  · 

I've read the reply but I still don't get it. I would like the same thing to happen but the Calify window step to be skipped.

Awesome application, looking forward to this next step

• Pronk Marcel commented  · 

i agree. th utility is perfect for me, but it would be even more great when i don't have to confirm my browsers choose. the only thing i use and will be use is google calendar

so, when i click on the ics file it has to add the event imiditly to my google's calendar.

Thank you very much Ján Sokoly

• AdminJán Sokoly (Author, Calify) commented  · 

Hi David,
        here's how it works.

During the installation, installer will register Calify as the Default Program for opening *.ics files. So when you open an *.ics file, Calify will be launched and the path to the file will be pre-filled in the "Calendar file" field. After that, you just need to press "Open in browser".

Now, the scenario to get the *.ics file may be different:
        You either get an email with *.ics as an attachment. Just double-click the file and you're good to go.
        Or browse to a web page which offers to download an *.ics file, i.e. http://bruins.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm When downloading the file, choose Open. Your browser will offer to open the file in Calify.

Hope it helps.
        Jan

Feedback and Knowledge Base